The student news site of Piper High School in Kansas City, Kansas.

New teachers bring varied experiences

This year’s teaching staff has already shown individuality, bringing their own personal styles to their classrooms. Read on to get an introduction to each of the new staff members.

Storrer takes over physical education role

Batcheler added part-time

Hannah Haworth, Co-Web Editor

January Batcheler is one of the newest additions to Piper’s changing staff. Batcheler has been teaching for ten years, previously at St. Therese in Parkville, Missouri and at Hickman Mills in Kansas City, Missouri.  Batcheler will be teaching family studies, career and life and human growth while Megan O’Boyle is on maternity leave. “The expectations here are higher than I’ve seen in the...

New Spanish teacher encourages learning through interactive methods
New government teacher reflects on his transition

New assistant principal reflects on job

Grace Haworth, Graphic Design Editor

Seeing new faces this year has not been a rare occurrence, especially when it comes to new staff members.  One of the positions filled by a new face is the assistant principal. The position has been filled by John Tytla, a Lansing native and former middle school teacher. Before taking the job at PHS, Tytla was a sixth grade world history and English language arts teacher in Gardner, Kansas. The move fr...

John fills in for science teacher Eric Mabie

Drew Englis, Co-Business Manager

Shawna John may be a one-and-done teacher. She is filling in for chemistry teacher Eric Mabie, who is deployed through this school year.  Previously, John was an analytical environmental chemist. She was in charge of testing wastewater samples for cities and industries to ensure they were compliant with state and federal law.  In high school, John’s favorite subject was chemistry, but she also enj...

kcpipernews.com • Copyright 2017 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in