kcpipernews.com

• January 14Video Game and Card Club will meet in the IDL room Tuesday Jan. 14 after school.

• January 10Key Club will be collecting canned goods for Harvestor's January 14-18

• January 10Seniors fill out a google form sent by Mr. Mabie for senior slideshow

• December 20To access articles from print, log in with your school email and the password "PiperStudent" (change password once logged in)

The exciting Believe Cirque du Soleil show

Performers at the Cirque du Soleil show display their teamwork and acrobatic skills.

Morgan Haworth

Morgan Haworth

Morgan Haworth

Morgan Haworth, Mass Media Student

My family and I went to The Believe Cirque du Soleil show on December 5, 2017, which was a series of extravagant acts. It started strong with two gymnasts who put together an impeccable routine. There were two ballet dancers and a clown who came on between acts. The next memorable act was three extremely strong men. They were showing off their strengths, and it was impressive.

After them, a scary good contortionist was bending and twisting in all sorts of different ways. A man and a woman came out on roller skates and were spinning in circles doing jaw-dropping tricks. There were a few more acts then the most extravagant and dangerous act came up.

They had two balls on a pole, like a hamster ball, going around and around while they did tricks on it. It had everyone on the edge of their seats, and all you wanted to do is scream. They were jump roping on top of the ball, and it was nerve wracking. From tumbling to a contortionist to life-endangering skills, they had it all.

I thought the show was amazing. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I thought the best act of the night was the two men on the hamster balls. They had an element of surprise, danger and excitement. I also really enjoyed the clown who came on between acts. I thought he was hilarious and kept the show light-hearted.

Every act that came out, I was in awe. I was really impressed by the show and all the crazy talented people. At the end of the show they all came together and bowed. They seem like they are really close, almost like a family. After the Dec. 5 show at Independence Center, my family and I were all talking about the amazing show we just saw. My entire family really enjoyed the show. I would be happy to go to another.

About the Contributor
Morgan Haworth, Social Media Manager

Morgan Haworth is a junior at Piper High School and this is her second semester on staff as Social Media Manager. Haworth is apart of dance team, American...