The student news site of Piper High School in Kansas City, Kansas.

YouTuber Interview

Freshman London Rodela has a YouTube channel called

Freshman London Rodela has a YouTube channel called "Magestic."

Raul Villegas

Raul Villegas

Raul Villegas

YouTuber Interview

Freshman London Rodela is the host of the YouTube channel “Magestic.” Rodela’s content contains rants, storytime videos and Photoshop videos. He started his YouTube channel March 6, 2016.

He said his first intentions were to make his channel a successful gaming channel. But now he is making rants(videos explaining topics or people, and explaining their thoughts) and videos that involve commentating. London was inspired by well-known commentators such as Pyrocynical, Idubbbz, etc. in the YouTube community. He said he likes a certain ‘80s retro theme with his channel. He makes it obvious on his banners for YouTube.

Rodela said he tries to post some content on his channel at least once a month because to him “it’s more quality than quantity.”

It takes Rodela a week to make a video alone. He said he tries to use his own gameplay, but if he is in a rush, then he uses a free-to-use gameplay video to go with his videos. Rodela tries for the rest of the week to make his voice recordings and do the video editing. Whenever he is happy with what he has made, he uploads the video. Though he doesn’t have that many views on his videos, he said he still enjoys the feedback on the videos.

Rodela is more happy about his content now than how it was before. That is more because of his equipment. When Rodela started his channel, he was limited on what he was allowed to do. Now he is still limited, but he is allowed to do a lot more with the talent of photoshopping that he knows how to do and the equipment that he now has.

London only has a subscriber count of 230, but he is happy with the small community that he has. However, he said the he hopes his channel will get a bigger fan base. He wants to get more subscribers the natural way. Rodela doesn’t want to force people to subscribe. He wants them to have the choice to subscribe. That what Rodela thinks is good for his channel. Slowly but surely, Rodela is getting his wish.

kcpipernews.com • Copyright 2019 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in