kcpipernews.com

• January 16NHS candidates: check your email for the status of your applications

• January 14Video Game and Card Club will meet in the IDL room Tuesday Jan. 14 after school.

• January 10Key Club will be collecting canned goods for Harvestor's January 14-18

• January 10Seniors fill out a google form sent by Mr. Mabie for senior slideshow

Senior pursues chemical engineering as career

%22After+doing+the+research+on+chemical+engineering+I%EF%B8%8F+still+want+to+pursue+the+career+because+although+I%EF%B8%8Ft+is+a+lot+of+hard+work%2C+I%EF%B8%8F+believe+I%EF%B8%8Ft+will+pay+off+in+the+future+when+I%EF%B8%8F+receive+a+job%2C%22+senior+Tyler+Ash+said.+

"After doing the research on chemical engineering I️ still want to pursue the career because although I️t is a lot of hard work, I️ believe I️t will pay off in the future when I️ receive a job," senior Tyler Ash said.

Photo submitted

Photo submitted

Photo submitted

Drew Englis, Co-Business Manager

According to the engineering branch at Stanford, “Chemical engineers are in great demand because of the large number of industries that depend on the synthesis and processing of chemicals and materials.” Senior Tyler Ash is researching this interesting field for his senior project. 

Over the course of my project I️ have learned many valuable things concerning chemical engineering such as their pay, education required, job outlook and much more,” Ash said.

The research involved is a strenuous task for some to undertake; however, the results are extremely beneficial.

The senior project has benefited me by shedding more light on a career that interests me, and allowed me to further pursue chemical engineering,” Ash said.

Studying a career that interests an individual can provide much-needed insight as to whether or not one might want to pursue that career in the future.

My advice to those doing projects in the future is to pick a project you are passionate about,” Ash said. “If you do this you will have no problem writing a paper and giving a 20 minute presentation in front of people you may not know.

About the Writer
Drew Englis, Co-Business Manager

Drew Englis is a junior at Piper High School and this is his first year on staff as Co-Business Manager.
Englis participates in soccer and swim team and...