Dance team welcomes new members

Dance team welcomes new members

2018-19 dance team (left to right) 
Back row: Zoey Pudenz, Audrey Menzies, Morgan Slaughter, Olivia Golden, Lexi Gerber
Front row: Taylor McEachron, Calleigh Garder, and Morgan Haworth

2018-19 dance team (left to right) Back row: Zoey Pudenz, Audrey Menzies, Morgan Slaughter, Olivia Golden, Lexi Gerber Front row: Taylor McEachron, Calleigh Garder, and Morgan Haworth

Jenny Golden

Jenny Golden

Jenny Golden

Taylor McEachron, Staff Writer

Congratulations to the following for being selected for the 2018-19 dance team:

Calleigh Gardner

Lexi Gerber

Olivia Golden

Morgan Haworth

Taylor McEachron

Audrey Menzies

Zoey Pudenz

Morgan Slaughter

With this year coming to the end, it’s time to start preparing for the new year. The new dance team was announced March 30 for the 2018-19 school year. Returning member and current junior Calleigh Gardner said she was very happy with the outcome of the team.

“We have one more person than last year,” Gardner said.

Garder started her freshman year with a team of 13 and will be ending with a team of eight.

Though losing three seniors, the team will be welcoming four incoming freshman. Eighth grader Lexi Gerber has been taking dance for 12 years now. She said that she has many emotions going through her head during the week of tryouts, but once the team was announced she said she was only excited.

“I couldn’t believe it,” Gerber said. “I am excited to be apart of a dance team and having close friends in dance.”