kcpipernews.com

• November 14Class cup points will begin tonight at the musical. Check-in through the Pirate Nation app.

• November 8Order a lunch through the Nutrislice App and receive a free water bottle from Pirates Bay.

• November 8Winter strength and conditioning will begin Monday, November 12. Forms can be found in the office.

• November 8There will be a Veteran's Day meet and greet from 7:15 to 9:15 this Friday, November 9.

Key Club hosts Fall Rally

The Key Club district board members posed for a photo Sept. 27 at the Fall Rally.

Amy Crouse

Amy Crouse

Scout Molder, Co Editor-in-Chief

The Key Club Fall Rally will be taking place tonight from 3 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in the library. Senior Lauren Textor, who is the district governor for all chapters located in Kansas, is hosting the event. Key Club is an international student led community service organization.

The rally is open to any students interested in attending, and will include a speaker, an informational meeting, games, and several workshops. Members of Key Club chapters from five other Kansas schools will also be in attendance.

Textor said that she would encourage anyone interested in community service to attend, even if they aren’t currently a member of Key Club.

“It’s an opportunity for Piper High School students to get service hours, because [Key Club adviser ] Ms. [Amy] Crouse has guaranteed that people who help set up and run the games will get service hours,” she said. “We’re going to have a lot of games going on, so it’s kind of just a fun little thing you can do that’s also educational.”

Additionally, Textor said that the event will provide students an opportunity to learn about getting involved in Key Club on a larger scale.

“You don’t have to stay the whole time, so it’s just an opportunity for people to learn about Key Club and how they can get involved, and maybe what parts of Key Club would appeal to them,” Textor said.

About the Writer
Scout Molder, Editor-in-Chief

Scout Molder is a senior at Piper High School and this is her fifth semester on staff as Co Editor-in-Chief. She is apart of debate, forensics, and girls’ soccer. Molder’s best friend is her dog.