kcpipernews.com

• January 14Video Game and Card Club will meet in the IDL room Tuesday Jan. 14 after school.

• January 10Key Club will be collecting canned goods for Harvestor's January 14-18

• January 10Seniors fill out a google form sent by Mr. Mabie for senior slideshow

• December 20To access articles from print, log in with your school email and the password "PiperStudent" (change password once logged in)

Key Club hosts Fall Rally

Key Club hosts Fall Rally

The Key Club district board members posed for a photo Sept. 27 at the Fall Rally.

Amy Crouse

Amy Crouse

Amy Crouse

Scout Molder, Co Editor-in-Chief

The Key Club Fall Rally will be taking place tonight from 3 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in the library. Senior Lauren Textor, who is the district governor for all chapters located in Kansas, is hosting the event. Key Club is an international student led community service organization.

The rally is open to any students interested in attending, and will include a speaker, an informational meeting, games, and several workshops. Members of Key Club chapters from five other Kansas schools will also be in attendance.

Textor said that she would encourage anyone interested in community service to attend, even if they aren’t currently a member of Key Club.

“It’s an opportunity for Piper High School students to get service hours, because [Key Club adviser ] Ms. [Amy] Crouse has guaranteed that people who help set up and run the games will get service hours,” she said. “We’re going to have a lot of games going on, so it’s kind of just a fun little thing you can do that’s also educational.”

Additionally, Textor said that the event will provide students an opportunity to learn about getting involved in Key Club on a larger scale.

“You don’t have to stay the whole time, so it’s just an opportunity for people to learn about Key Club and how they can get involved, and maybe what parts of Key Club would appeal to them,” Textor said.

About the Writer
Scout Molder, Editor-in-Chief

Scout Molder is a senior at Piper High School and this is her fifth semester on staff as Co Editor-in-Chief. She is apart of debate, forensics, and girls’...