kcpipernews.com

• January 14Video Game and Card Club will meet in the IDL room Tuesday Jan. 14 after school.

• January 10Key Club will be collecting canned goods for Harvestor's January 14-18

• January 10Seniors fill out a google form sent by Mr. Mabie for senior slideshow

• December 20To access articles from print, log in with your school email and the password "PiperStudent" (change password once logged in)

Halloween the movie frights just right

Halloween the movie frights just right

Kaleb Brown, Co-Web Editor

Halloween is a newly released movie featuring Halloween icon Michael Myers. When I went to see Halloween, I didn’t know what to expect. As the movie progressed, I couldn’t make up my mind of what I thought of the movie. I personally enjoyed the action, but after seeing Halloween, I can say that if you have a weak stomach for blood or murder, I wouldn’t recommend seeing this movie. I recommend going to see it if you are looking for a movie that has lots of violence and suspense.

When the movie started, it got off to a slow start. Every once in awhile in the first part of the movie, there were parts of action, but these parts didn’t last for very long. In between the action-packed parts of the movie, you were left with constant suspense of what would happen next. Although I wouldn’t consider this movie to be necessarily “scary”, I will say that at times it can take you by surprise with the jump scares. Overall, I was pleased with how the movie turned out once it reaches the climax.

I do think that Halloween was a movie of its own kind even though it could be similar to other Michael Myers movies. The Halloween franchise has created several movies that they based the movie Halloween off of. I say that this movie was different because it incorporated the modern day elements. What I mean by this is that it used today’s slang, technology and realism. I believe this is a lot of the reason why it made this movie so enjoyable to watch. But like I said, this movie has an extremely similar plot to the previous movies created by the Halloween franchise.

Overall, I really enjoyed watching Halloween. I feel like this movie was so different to its previous movies, but it was unique in its own way. Halloween does have a lot of violence and suspense in it, but I feel like it if you looking for a movie like this, this is your movie.

About the Writer
Kaleb Brown, Co-Web Editor

Kaleb Brown is a senior at Piper High School and this is his second semester on staff as Co-Web Editor. Brown plays football and goes by KB, Pablo or lilbrown.