Musical cast remains hopeful after rough start

Kayla Vest

Aylea Cole sings as Josephine March, the protagonist of the musical.

Morgan Haworth, Print Editor

“I know everyone has put everything into this musical and I believe the run of the show will be very successful.

— Aylea Cole

Between a broken toe and having to skip a scene, opening night of the fall musical was full of surprises for the audience and cast members.

“There were some technical difficulties but we managed to work around them,” junior Aylea Cole said.

“Little Women” is the fall musical for the 2018 school year. The story is based off the original novel by Allan Knee. It is about the four March sisters, specifically Jo March, played by Cole and their troubles as a family during the Civil War.

“I know everyone has put everything into this musical and I believe the run of the show will be very successful.[/pullquote]“The focus of the show is about family, sisterhood and pursuing your dreams,” Cole said.  

Senior, Ally Viera, plays the character Beth March (right) and sophomore, Amaya Starks, plays her mom (left).

The musical follows Jo March’s journey as she becomes a woman.

Senior Ally Viera, who plays Beth March, said, “The takeaway is that you should always follow your dreams and be yourself even when there are many hurdles in your way.”

Junior Eryn Cox who plays Aunt March, agrees with Viera.

“Don’t conform to how others want you to be, be yourself,” Cox said.

Though they had a surprising first night, they are confident the musical will be successful.

“I know everyone has put everything into this musical and I believe the run of the show will be very successful,” Cole said.