kcpipernews.com

• February 12Registration and payment for all AP exams is due no later than Wednesday February 20 at 3 p.m.

• February 8There will be a girls swim meeting for anyone interested on March 12 in room 105.

• February 5K-State will be putting on their annual Black Student Union Leadership Conference Tuesday, February 19 in Manhattan.

• February 5Buff Puff volleyball will take place February 23. Sign up on the board in the commons.

Rehm dives into season strong

Senior+Benjamin+Rehm+competes+in+the+breaststroke+at+Blue+Valley+West.+Rehm+won+first+in+this+race.+

Rehm dives into season strong

Senior Benjamin Rehm competes in the breaststroke at Blue Valley West. Rehm won first in this race.

Taran Kerst

Taran Kerst

Taran Kerst

Taylor McEachron, Co Web-Editor

Senior year is meant for reaching goals and creating memories. Whether that be with grades, athletics or future plans, senior year is a huge moment in anyone’s life. For senior Benjamin Rehm, swimming has been a impactful moment throughout his final year of high school. As of right now Rehm has broken a new record at each meet the team has gone to and so far he has broken 10 records. He is also considered for the 200 medley relay and the 50 freestyle at state which will be held in February. 

“It feels great knowing that all the work I put in in the offseason is finally showing,” Rehm said.

Although this is only Rehm’s second year on the team, he is captain along with fellow senior Conner Berry. Rehm said that he enjoys the team work aspect within a relay. His favorite medley relay consists of freshman Jake Huisman and juniors Kyle Chambers and Alex Falk from Tonganoxie and himself.

“I think it’s stressful because we all know we can do what we need to,” Rehm said. “It’s just anyone can slightly mess up and have an impact on the relay.”

Along with being on the school’s swim team Rehm was invited to an club swim team to get extra training with a sprinting coach.

Rehm has worked and pushed himself outside of the swim season by dieting, going to the gym, getting equipment and working with other teams.

Rehm said, “I’ve learned that if you really want something then you have to work for it.”

About the Writer
Taylor McEachron, Co-Web Editor

Taylor McEachron is a senior at Piper High School and is on her third semester on staff as Co Web-Editor. McEachron is apart of dance team, Gay-Straight...