Boys and Girls Basketball Head to State

Boys and Girls Basketball Head to State

The Pirate boys lift the Sub-State plaque in celebration after beating Field Kindley High School.

Esrom Griffin

Esrom Griffin

Esrom Griffin

Blake Beashore, Staff Writer

The Pirate Boys and Girls basketball teams both won their respective sub-state championships and are headed to Salina to compete for the State Championship. All games are located at the Tony’s Pizza Event Center.

The boys play their first game against Parsons High School, Wednesday, March 6, at 4:45 pm. The girls play their first game against Eudora High School, on Thursday, March 7, at 6:30 pm.

Spirit Buses will be available to attend the games. Sign up for the boys game starts Tuesday, March 5, at 7 am and sign up for the girls game begins Wednesday, March 6 at 7 am. Sign up sheets are located in the PHS commons area. Bus spots are limited and are first come first serve. To sign up for a spirit bus, a student must be eligible and in good standing at PHS. Students are required to have signed a release form to sign up for the spirit buses.

Students should also take $7 to purchase a ticket for the game. All PHS student handbook rules apply for the duration of the trip.