kcpipernews.com

• April 30Freshmen and sophomore, please check your school email and vote for your StuCo representatives for next year. Votes must be submitted by Friday.

• April 18Art Club will be meeting Monday, April 22 in the art room.

• April 18Attention NHS candidates, a Piper cleanup is being held April 27 through April 30. For more information, call 913-488-5478.

• April 18Seniors need to complete the Post-Graduation Plans form due by April 26.

Lady Pirates soccer look to state

Lady Pirates soccer look to state

Junior Emily Brandt passes the ball to a senior teammate Josie Barbosa during a game against Bishop Miege.

Blake Beashore

Blake Beashore

Blake Beashore

Kaleb Brown, Co-web editor

The Lady Pirates soccer team focuses on state after a 10 win four loss. The girls’ soccer team has had nothing short off a impressive season thus far, losing those four games to some of the top ranked teams in the state of Kansas.

“There has been ups and downs throughout the season,” senior forward Marilynn Buff said. “Personally, I have really developed as a player this year and this was the first year I got to start on varsity, so I’ve loved every moment of it,”

The girls’ soccer team has two regular season games remaining until playoff seeding begins. The team will face off at home with Spring Hill High School Thursday, May 2 at 6 pm and play at Bonner Springs High School Tuesday, May 7 at 6pm. If the Pirates were to win their last two regular season games, they would have a better chance of getting a home field advantage in the playoffs, and a higher seeding. If the players split or were to lose both of those games, 

“We’ve been struggling lately to connect as a team,” senior outside midfielder Paloma Dean said. “But now we’ve got it figured out and we know that we have a good shot of playing in the playoffs and maybe even winning state.”

The Pirates are nearing the end of their season, which means seniors are running out of time. Despite the minor injuries of key players throughout the season, the team is starting to become healthy just in time. The Pirates will wrap up their regular season and set their sights on the state championship.

“For the team, we faced a lot of hardships but we are towards the end of our season and we have become closer than ever,” junior centre-back Emily Brandt said. “We’re a family and nothing can tear that apart as we finish our season.”

About the Contributors
Kaleb Brown, Co-Web Editor

Kaleb Brown is a senior at Piper High School and this is his second semester on staff as Co-Web Editor. Brown plays football and goes by KB, Pablo or lilbrown.

Blake Beashore, Staff Writer

Blake Beashore is sophomore at Piper High school and this is his first semester on staff. He participates in Key Club, Student Council, Dude be Nice, debate,...