Get to know the new faces in the building

Hannah Pappert

Front entrance of Piper High School.

Morgan Haworth, Print Editor

• Elisa Dorian got her undergrad at Benedictine College and her masters at Fort Hays State University. This will be her tenth year in education. Dorian is the new counselor. Dorian played softball, as pitcher, at Benedictine College.

• Elizabeth Fredrickson studied at Creighton University and Avila University. This is Fredrickson’s third year teaching. For several years she worked in health care. Growing up she wanted to be a doctor. A fun fact about her is that she loves to exercise. Fredrickson is getting married in December.

• Taylor Spangler got his bachelor’s degree at Kansas State University in May 2019. Piper is his first post-college job. He has a classroom twitter and instagram, @Spangler_FCS and @spangler_fcs. Spangler traveled to many places this summer, some including Anaheim, CA, St. Louis, MO, and Reno, NV. Spangler also sponsors FCCLA at Piper.

• Kevin Coker has been teaching in this district since 2017. This will be his ninth year teaching. He went to college at Fort Scott Community College, and transferred to Pittsburg State University. Coker teaches U.S. History and Strength and Conditioning. A fun fact about him is that Chris Brindle was his high school football coach. Now, Coker is a football coach as well.

• This will be Erik Harm’s fifth year teaching. Harm went to Eureka College in Illinois, where he majored in Secondary Education and Social Sciences (History). If he was not a teacher he would be working at a historical museum. Something fun about Harm is that he has traveled to 44 of the 50 states, and hopes to visit the last six in the next coming years.

• Amber Buck attended Howard University and then later went to the University of Southern California. She has her bachelor’s degree in Print Journalism and a master’s degree in Specialized Journalism, along with a few other things. This is Buck’s eleventh year teaching. A fun fact about Buck is that she is related to Kanye West by marriage.