A search for the positives amidst virtual learning

Photo Courtesy of Addie Williams

Sophomore Addie Williams completes her schoolwork with her dog Oakley by her side.

Julie Jones

This year’s schedule is something students have had to adapt to as the weeks go by, but with the help of having a positive mindset and getting used to the new normal, some students have been able to make the most out of online learning.

“It’s been very difficult doing all my work at home and not getting out of the house,” said sophomore Addie Williams. “Being on top of all my schoolwork, staying organized, and hanging out with friends has helped so much.”

Many students are blaming their struggles on the amount of work they have been assigned in their classes.

“Honestly, I’ve had a little bit of a tough time adjusting because it’s a heavier workload, with less teaching,” said junior Kieran Kirwan.

Kirwan also described that looking towards the end goal is what motivates him to work hard in his classes. Students have also taken it upon themselves to get outside and enjoy the fresh air, as well as taking some time for a little self-care.

“I’ve been taking my dog for a lot of walks and I also make sure I surround myself with positive things,” said senior Alexis Saragusa. “I do a lot of self-care in the mornings because I have classes at noon on Thursdays and Fridays. I make sure to take extra time to make sure that I’m mentally and physically okay.”

Students having a mental reminder of what they are capable of is a common motivator for school these days.

“You are made for more,” is a quote that Williams wanted to share with others, “It just reminds me that I can get through whatever I’m going through,” Williams said.

According to Saragusa, she just wants students to know their emotions are valid and it’s okay to reach out for help or positive advice from others.

“Don’t be scared to ask for help or talk to someone you trust,” Saragusa said. “Just always make sure that you are mentally okay before you do anything.”