Meet the 2021 Courtwarming Candidates

Zoey Pudenz, Co Editor-In-Chief

• Back Row Left to Right: Kyron Fergus, Logan Wright, Antonio Cobbs, Joseph Boyd, Brandon Snell. Front Row Left to Right: Amari Lynch, Gwen Gambrill, Cameron Letcher, Taylor Sims, Dawnyale Bruce.

• Dawnyale Bruce Involvement: Piper Girls Basketball for four years. Speech and Debate team for three years. Black Leaders of America for four years. Piper Varsity Track & Field for one year. Student Council for three years. Yearbook for one year. After high school Bruce plans to attend college to study psychology and health science to become an occupational therapist. A fun fact about Bruce is she has a twin brother named Daniel. Brandon Snell Involvement: Piper Football for four years. Piper Track & Field for four years where he broke the 4×1 record. After high school Snell plans to attend college where he will study to become a chiropractor and play football. A fun fact about Snell is that he plays the saxophone.

• Gwen Gambrill Involvement: Piper Volleyball for four years. Student Council for two years. Forensics for three years. Bella Voce for three years. Tri-M for three years. After high school Gambrill plans to attend University of Kansas to major in biology. Her most embarrassing memories are the amount of times she has fallen going up the stairs. Logan Wright Involvement: Piper Trap team four years. Piper Golf for two years. Piper Graphics for one year. Piper Bowling for one year. After high school Wright plans to attend college to either study engineering or computer science. A fun fact about him is he has almost broke every single finger at least once.

• Taylor Sims Involvement: Piper Cheer for four years. Piper Softball for four years. Black Leaders of America for four years. Forensics for three years. Powerlifting for two years. Photojournalism for two years. Music & Motion for two years. Bella Voce one year. Theater one year. After high school Sims plans to attend college to study early elementary education. Her most embarrassing moment is when she drove her dad’s Cadillac to school without a permit or permission because her mom jokingly said maybe the night before. After school she walked outside and the car was no longer there so she had to walk home. Joseph (Joe) Boyd Involvement: Piper Baseball for four years. Piper Football for three years. Piper Wrestling for two years. Piper Basketball for one year. After high school Boyd plans to attend real estate school and then take over his dad’s business. His most embarrassing moment is when he fell asleep in Mr. Reitemeire’s class and then was sprayed with water to wake up.

• Cameron Letcher Involvement: Piper Volleyball for four years. Piper Pubs for three years. Black Leaders of America for four years. After high school Letcher plans to attend a four year university to study forensic psychology and continue her volleyball career. Her most embarrassing moment is when she had to wear sports goggles her freshman year during volleyball practice, and the team gave her the nickname “goggles.” Antonio (Tony) Cobbs Involvement: Piper Football for four years. Piper Powerlifting for four years. Piper Track & Field for four years. 20/20 Leadership for one year. Yearbook photojournalist and staff member for one year. After high school Cobbs plans to attend Highland Community College to play football. His most embarrassing memory is when he tried to touch the rim of the basketball goal his freshman year and then landed on his face in front of a lot of people.

• Amari Lynch Involvement: Black Leaders of America for two years. Piper Girls Basketball team for two years. Dude. Be Nice for two years. National Honor Society for two years. Race Project KC for two years. Music and Motion for two years. Health Occupations Students of America for one year. Key Club for one year. Bella Voce for one year. Chick-fil-a Leadership Academy for one year. After high school Lynch plans to attend Langston University to pursue a nursing degree and minor in sports medicine. A fun fact about her is she modeled for a local designer and was featured in a magazine. Kyron Fergus Involvement: Piper varsity soccer for four years. Piper varsity bowling for four years. Piper varsity baseball for four years. After high school Fergus plans to attend Columbia University and study computer science. A fun fact about him is he used to play flute in middle school.