Students anticipate release of Red (Taylor’s Version)

Courtesy of Amy Adam

English teacher Amy Adam brought Red inspired cookies for her students today.

Rea Montgomery, Opinion Editor

Fans are anxiously anticipating the release of Taylor Swift’s latest album, “Red (Taylor’s Version)”, which is out for release on Friday, Nov. 12. 

While the album is a re-recording of “Red”, Swift’s 2012 album, it’s set to include bonus tracks, previously unreleased tracks, and 10-minute version of “All Too Well”, which was arguably one of the most influential songs on the original album.

While officially announced for release on Aug. 6, the album was heavily hinted at through cryptic codes and strategically capitalized posts on Twitter and Instagram. It was only after her fans, known as Swifties, deduced the titles of songs on the album that Swift released the official announcement, confirming many swifties’ theories and exciting people within the fanbase. 

“I’m excited to listen to Phoebe Bridgers’ feature on there,” said senior Alana Textor, a swiftie since childhood. “I’m really excited for ‘Better Man’. That’s one of my favorite songs.’” 

The tracklist includes all the titles originally on “Red”, such as “22”, “I Knew You Were Trouble” and “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together.” However, the thing fans are most excited for is the 10-minute “All Too Well”, which includes a brand new music video featuring Sadie Sink and Dylan O’Brien. 

“All Too Well” has always been a big hit on the album, and it’s common knowledge in the fandom that the original version of it was twice shortened down, once to a 10 minute version, and then once more to the final, five minute version released in 2012 with the rest of the album. 

“To me it’s crazy that she had so much to say,” said junior Brylie Reese. “10 minutes can tell us such a bigger side of that story and add so much to the five minute version. I’m so excited” 

Brylie Reese has also been a fan of Taylor Swift since childhood, with Red being one of her favorite childhood albums.

“it was one of the first albums I remember screaming the lyrics to in the car when I was a kid. I just think it’s so cool that I’m going to be able to hear it again.” Reese said. “Also, this was my mom’s favorite. I asked her in the car two or three days ago and she said, “ the reason I like Red the most is because that was the album that you sang along to the most and I had the most memories of singing in the car together. And so it just makes it a part of my memories of your guys’ childhood. So, it’s my favorite album.” 

“Red” had such a prolific influence that it is even being used in a classroom setting. English Teacher Amy Adam has been utilizing Taylor Swift’s lyrical skills in her class to analyze text. 

“If you are not interested in the genre of music that she plays, I think that you should, for your own entertainment and wellbeing,” Adam said. “Look at the lyrics written like a poem and see if the words speak to you because that would be worth it.”