The wonderful dance of OZ

Mikaela Papageorgiou, Managing Editor

We’re off to see the dance, the wonderful dance of OZ. This year’s Courtwarming theme, OZ, made for a week packed with spirit days, class cup competitions, a pep rally and of course the dance.

The week leading up to the dance had many activities for students to take part in. For Junior Josie Jones the dance itself though was the highlight of her week.

Jones said,“I loved when the DJ put Just Dance videos on. Watching everybody try to dance along was hilarious and made for a great time.”

Jones also said that she loved the photographer this year. “I loved the backdrop for the pictures. It was so cool.”

Senior Courtwarming Queen Candidate, Kylie Jorgensen said that her favorite part of the week happened a day before the dance. “My favorite part of Courtwarming week was the pep rally, even though I was super nervous for the candidate dance.”

Jorgensen thought that the dance on Saturday was fun as well and that the, “decorations really made it come alive.”

For some it wasn’t the dance that made Courtwarming but the Spirit days students could take part in.

Senior StuCo Co-President Riley Peterson said, “For me, spirit days are what really makes a dance week fun. We put so much effort into making sure they are easy enough for everyone to take part in and when I see them do it it makes me really proud.”