The student news site of Piper High School in Kansas City, Kansas.

kcpipernews.com

kcpipernews.com

kcpipernews.com

Yoga and vocab in Spanish I

Many people would say Spanish is one of their most stressful classes, but it actually can end up being really fun with the right people.
At Piper High School, Spanish is a popular class to take. Most people would say it can be difficult, but it can also be
super enjoyable sometimes.
“It is my favorite class right now mostly because I have a lot of friends there with me,” said freshman Mars Kohrs. “And it can also be helpful to learn about a new language.”
There is a lot of group work in Spanish, and Kohrs said it’s their favorite class because the work can be done with friends. They have also done some unexpected things, too.
“One day, we had a substitute teacher in the class who randomly made us start doing yoga,” said Kohrs.
There was more to Spanish class than learning a new language that day. Apparently, the class has done group yoga together, before which they thought was odd.
“It was really funny and kind of strange,” said Kohrs. “But it made the class even more interesting than before.”
There have been many strange moments in the class, but there are also a lot of normal things dealing with quizzes and studying.
“On a typical day we mostly do vocab review,” Kohrs said. “In the first semester, we had a quiz almost every day, but since we finished those, we don’t have as many now.”
The class has to study vocabulary often for vocabulary quizzes, but not as much as they did last semester which makes the class less stressful now.
“I was a little nervous about what Spanish would be like in the second semester,” said Kohrs. “But overall it has been pretty fun, which I didn’t expect.”