The student news site of Piper High School in Kansas City, Kansas.

kcpipernews.com

kcpipernews.com

kcpipernews.com

Should vaccinations for children be made a must by law?

Getty Images

The question whether vaccination should be made necessary by law has been a controversial question for decades. Due to the current pandemic many people might have changed their opinion regarding this topic.

The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) says, “Vaccines can prevent common diseases that used to seriously harm or even kill infants, children, and adults.”Especially after Covid-19, many people have seen that vaccination can be very protective, and it can also prevent diseases from spreading. Furthermore it was oftentimes mandatory to get vaccination if you worked in a specific workfield.

The US Department of Humans and Health (DHH) said, “Vaccines save lives by protecting us from serious diseases, like COVID-19, measles, and whooping cough, throughout life.”Of course, vaccinations also help the patient and not only the society with preventing a disease from spreading. They also help your body to defend itself against the disease.

A Kindergarten teacher from Berlin, Germany had a very important point regarding the children’s health.

“It is very important for kids, because they haven’t developed a full immune system yet.”
There was a lot of research done on vaccines, which is why they always provide detailed information for the patients. If you are not sure whether you would like to get vaccinated, just let your doctor talk about it with you for a bit.

The CDC explains, “Vaccines use very small amounts of antigens to help your child’s immune system recognize and learn to fight serious diseases.”

Finally the issue of vaccines being made necessary by law for specific professions still stays unresolved. Covid-19 showed us though that getting vaccinated is very important, which is why everyone should at least look into it.

The US DHH concluded  that “different vaccines work in different ways, but every vaccine helps the body’s immune system learn how to fight germs.”