The student news site of Piper High School in Kansas City, Kansas.

kcpipernews.com

kcpipernews.com

kcpipernews.com

PAL makes a difference in the community

Freshman Lilah Kroening volunteers with the PAL program
Freshman Lilah Kroening helped at the Police Athletic League of KCKS churchin 2023. The church needed help with cleaning and taking care of the kids.
“My family found out about the church through one of my dads friends who helped out there,” said Kroening.
The church provided classes for children there as well. One of the classes was painting and supplied art lessons for the kids.
“I loved painting and helping the kids with theirs as well,” said Kroening. “I had a goodtime working with the kids and making sure they had all the supplies they wanted to make their drawings.They were all so cute.”
According to Kroening, the church also seemed to need help with keeping it clean and tidy. They would spend about 30 minutes every time they came to the church.
“Other than helping with the kids, we also would clean as well,” said Kroening. “We would clean the main area of the church and also the art room after all the kids and helpers were done with their art and drawings they were making.”
Kroening worked at the church 1 to 2 days a week. She looked forward to going to the church and talking with the children there.
“When we were at the church we would be there for about one to two hours,” Kroening said. “Sometimes it felt like a long time but I enjoyed most of my time there.”
When her father told her about the church Kroening was excited but nervous to work with others.
“There were other kids working there my age that I didn’t know very well,” said Kroening. “But overtime I became friends with them. I’m really glad that I experienced this and would totally do it again if I had that chance to.”