The student news site of Piper High School in Kansas City, Kansas.

kcpipernews.com

kcpipernews.com

kcpipernews.com

Should graduation be covered in the yearbook?

Seniors vote this week to determine whether or not graduation in covered in the 2023-2024 yearbook

Seniors are asked to help the Yearbook staff make an important decision about graduation coverage in the Spring supplement. This video briefly explains the situation.

The Spring supplement is a booklet covering spring sports and events that sticks into your yearbook and looks just like the other pages. It’s printed after we send the yearbook print, which takes 6 weeks. It only takes 2 weeks to print the supplement. Supplements are the only way we can cover Spring events and deliver a yearbook in May. The spring supplement is no additional cost to students.

If the yearbook covers graduation in the Spring supplement, all students and graduates will need to come to the school in June to pick up their Spring supplement.

If the yearbook does not cover graduation in the Spring supplement, it can be submitted sooner, which means all students will receive their yearbooks and spring supplements at the same time.

Please let the yearbook know your preference by this Friday, April 5.  VOTE HERE!

Graduation is May 16 at 5:30 at Children’s Mercy Park.

UPDATE:

75 seniors voted in the poll, and 66.7% of voters prefer graduation to be covered in the yearbook. The yearbook will move forward with covering graduation, and announcements will be shared through social media and school blasts about pick up days for the Spring supplement, which will be in June.