The student news site of Piper High School in Kansas City, Kansas.

kcpipernews.com

kcpipernews.com

kcpipernews.com

For the love of bowling

Freshman Molly Morse shares her bowling background, dreams
Ari Johnson
Molly Morse bowls with teammate Madison Raveill at her first varsity meet of the season and earned 3rd place.

For Molly Morse, most sports just can’t compare to bowling. Morse fell in love with the sport early on and when she found out there was a team here at Piper High School she just couldn’t wait to join.

“I just think it’s a fun thing to do, you can do to the bowling alley anytime with friends, or it can be more competitive,” said Morse.

Her family to is to thank. Morse speaks fondly about her dad and how he got her into the sport. Ever since she has been winning awards and showing of her skills.

“I always did it with my dad,” said Morse. “I was in a junior bowling league when I was 7, and I earned two trophies from it.”

Sports are known to bring people closer together, and this is all the more true for Morse and her team. When asked about her funniest memory with the team, she had a funny one to share.

“At a practice one day, I learned to play a game and I got to get closer to them. I wasn’t very good at the game but I’m glad I got to get closer with my team!”

Morse shared her opinions on some other popular ball games. “I always had an interest in volleyball and tennis, but I’ve never had any interest in joining those teams.”

With any student-athlete, the topic of college and college plans always comes up. For Morse, the dream of playing at a college level is no different.

“I hope to at least get a scholarship for bowling.”