The student news site of Piper High School in Kansas City, Kansas.

kcpipernews.com

kcpipernews.com

kcpipernews.com

Hole in one

Boys golfers create an inclusive environment
Laveya Drew
Senior Alex Albee swings at Dubs’ Dread.

Piper has a very inclusive Boys golf team this season. Everyone on it is nice and helps each other out.

“The upperclassmen are making sure we are comfortable and they are giving us tips to help us get better,” said freshman Seth Moppin. “Especially Myles Finely who has tremendously helped me improve on my own skills.”

Everyone also has their own personal reasons for dedicating themselves so much to the golf team.

“Golf has always ran in my family, my brother did it when he was in high school and is still doing it,” said freshman Jackson Dissmeyer. “I have the most help I need and it is always available when needed.”

The players on the boys golf team have some specific goals for this year’s season.

“My main goal for the season is to qualify in regionals and go to state,” said junior Levi Sorenson.

Every golf player prefers the club of their choice because they can swing better.

“My favorite club in my bag is my Callaway Apex Hybrid,” said Sorenson. “It is the one I can rely on the most and I hit the best out of all my clubs.”

Overall the golf team is a really fun and inviting environment with a lot of nice people.

“Our season has been great so far,” said Sorenson. “We play at dubs and there are a lot of new freshmen that have come out this year. We have all really become good friends and helped each other get better at golf.”

By: Harper Wright & Bella Alter